About Yorkshire Terriers
Are you thinking about adding a Yorkshire Terrier to your family but want to learn more about the breed first? Well, you’re in the right place! Keep reading to learn all about Yorkshire Terriers!
What do Yorkshire Terriers look like?
When learning about Yorkshire Terriers, you will quickly learn that they are a very cute looking dog. The following are some aspects of what the Yorkshire Terrier looks like:
- Yorkshire Terriers are classed as a ‘toy’ dog due to their small size.
- Their nose is usually black in color.
- A Yorkshire Terrier has small eyes, a little nose and their ears stand upright on their head.
- Yorkshire terriers are colored tan or steal blue.
What is a Yorkshire Terriers personality like?
Although a small dog, Yorkshire Terriers are still very brave. In fact, they don’t think themselves small at all! The following are some of the Yorkshire Terrier personality traits:
- As previously mentioned, Yorkshire Terriers are very brave little dogs.
- They are incredibly loyal to their owners and will become a beloved pet. They also love affection from their owners.
- Yorkshire Terriers are very clever which makes them easier to train.
- They also have a lot of energy for a small little dog!
- Yorkshire Terriers, if not trained properly, can get an aggressive streak and become over-protective. This is not the best personality trait but it can be controlled if you train your Yorkshire Terrier properly.
- Yorkshire Terriers can become unmanageable and stubborn if you don’t show them that you are the leader of the ‘pack’. So even though they are small, they still have to be trained correctly like any other dog.
As you can see, the Yorkshire Terrier has amazing personality traits. They may be small, but they have big personalities and because of this they make excellent companions!
How long do Yorkshire Terriers live?
This is a common question people will ask when learning about Yorkshire Terriers. The answer is a Yorkshire Terrier will have an approximate lifespan of twelve to fifteen years.
How big to Yorkshire Terriers get?
As mentioned previously, Yorkshire Terriers are quite small dogs. They will usually grow to an approximate height of six to seven inches (approximately fifteen to seventeen centimeters) and weigh approximately seven pounds (approximately three kilograms).
What health problems do Yorkshire Terriers get?
As with every breed of dog, Yorkshire Terriers have certain health problems you should be aware of. The following are a few of the health problems you should learn about if you are thinking about owning a Yorkshire Terrier:
- Eye problems
- Teeth problems (such as tooth decay)
- Eye problems
- Problems with digestion
These are just a few of the health problems associated with Yorkshire Terriers. However, it is nothing to be alarmed about. With regular vet appointments you should easily be able to keep on top of your Yorkshire Terriers health.
Do Yorkshire Terriers need lots of exercise?
One thing about Yorkshire Terriers is that although they are small, they still have lots of energy. Therefore it’s important to take your Yorkshire Terrier on a walk every day. This is also an excellent way to bond with your Yorkshire Terrier.
Where can Yorkshire Terriers live?
As they are small dogs, Yorkshire Terriers don’t need a lot of space. Therefore you can own a Yorkshire Terrier if you live in an apartment.
When learning about Yorkshire Terriers, you will quickly see that they make amazing pets. They have great personalities and become very attached to their owners. Therefore Yorkshire Terriers would definitely make a great companion and addition to your family!